ACT Pipe and Supply is proud to announce that the Safety Team has been selected to receive the Certificate of Safety Achievement at the annual Safe + Sound Week, taking place this year from August 10th – 14th.
Safe + Sound Week is a nationwide event held each August that recognizes the success of workplace health and safety programs.
According to Lee Salazar, CEO of Blakeman & Associates, “This award is the result of Management Leadership, Worker Participation as well as Finding and Fixing Hazards.”
He further states that the award is given to a select few that have demonstrated achievement in the following areas:
- • Prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses
- • Improved compliance with Department of Labor laws and regulations
- • Reduced costs, including reductions in workers’ compensation.
- • Engage workers
- • Enhance social responsibility goals
- • Increase productivity and enhance overall business operations
When informed of the pending award, Rachel Hyatt, Safety Director at ACT Pipe & Supply, said she was thankful for the recognition and looked forward to continuing success within the health and safety culture at ACT Pipe & Supply.